[Haskell] ZuriHac 2019 takes place 14 to 16 June in Zurich, Switzerland

Jasper Van der Jeugt jaspervdj at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:13:31 UTC 2018

Hello Friends of Haskell,

It is our great pleasure to announce that the next ZuriHac will take
place from Friday the 14th to Sunday the 16th of June 2019.  It will be
hosted at the Hochschule Rapperswil on the shores of beautiful Lake
Zurich. This will mark the 8th anniversary of ZuriHac since our
beginnings in 2010.

The Zurich Haskell Hackathon is a free, international, grassroots, and
collaborative coding festival. Our goal is to connect Haskellers, expand
the community, learn things from each other, and to work on Haskell
libraries, tools, and infrastructure.

This year, we will enjoy keynotes from:

- Simon Peyton Jones
- Susan Potter
- Richard Eisenberg
- Ryan Trinkle

More keynote speakers will be announced.

The event is open to any experience level, from beginners to gurus.  We
want to make a special effort to ensure that the event is welcoming and
accessible to people completely new to Haskell.  That is why we are
super excited that, Julie Moronuki, co-author of Haskell Programming
from first principles [1] and Joy of Haskell [2], has kindly agreed to
teach a beginners course in one of the classrooms we have available.
Additionally, there will be mentors that you can approach during the
whole event with any Haskell-related questions.

This is a great opportunity to meet your fellow Haskellers in real life,
find new contributors for your project, improve existing libraries and
tools or even start new ones!

We will have space for over 400 attendees.  Registration is free and
will open on 26th of December, as a late holiday present to Haskellers
around the globe.  You can find this information and more on our
website:

    https://zfoh.ch/zurihac2019

We would also like to thank our sponsors Digital Asset [3], DFINITY [4]
and HSR [5] for their strong commitment to the Haskell community and for
supporting this great event!

Looking forward to seeing you there,
The Zurich Friends of Haskell association [6]

[1]: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25587599-haskell-programming
[2]: https://joyofhaskell.com/
[3]: https://digitalasset.com/careers.html
[4]: https://dfinity.org/jobs