[Haskell] PLMW at ICFP: CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS and PARTICIPATION (deadline July 31!)

Neel Krishnaswami nk480 at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 16:12:36 UTC 2017

CALL FOR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS and PARTICIPATION (deadline July 31!)

ACM SIGPLAN Programming Languages Mentoring Workshop, Oxford, UK
Co-located with ICFP'17

PLMW web page: http://icfp17.sigplan.org/manageTrack/PLMW-ICFP-2017

###

The purpose of this mentoring workshop is to encourage graduate students
and senior undergraduate students to pursue careers in programming
language research. This workshop will provide technical sessions on
cutting-edge research in programming languages, and mentoring sessions
on how to prepare for a research career. We will bring together leaders
in programming language research from academia and industry to give
talks on their research areas. The workshop will engage students in
a process of imagining how they might contribute to our research
community.

So far, we have the following speakers and panelists confirmed for the
workshop:

- Amal Ahmed (Northeastern University)
- Nada Amin (University of Cambridge)
- Derek Dreyer (Max Planck Institute for Software Systems)
- Richard Eisenberg (Bryn Mawr College)
- Ron Garcia (University of British Columbia)
- Chris Martens (North Caroline State University)
- Conor McBride (Strathclyde University)
- Sam Staton (Oxford)

We especially encourage women and underrepresented minority students to
attend PLMW.

This workshop is part of the activities surrounding ICFP, the
International Conference on Functional Programming, and  takes place the
day before the main conference. One goal of the workshop is to make ICFP
conference more accessible to newcomers. We hope that participants will
stay through the entire conference.

## Travel Scholarship Applications (Due 31 July)

Please fill out [this form](https://goo.gl/forms/qDYTkvNndApNc91N2) by
31 July to apply for travel funding.

These scholarships will provide funds towards airfare, hotel, and
registration fees for attendance at both the workshop and ICFP, but are
limited. We welcome students with alternative sources of travel funding
to attend PLMW as well.

Selected participants will be notified by 2 August and will need to
pre-register and commit to attending the workshop by August 4.
Applicants who apply after July 31 may be eligible to receive funding,
if funds remain.

The workshop registration is open to all. Students with alternative
sources of funding are welcome.

--
Neel Krishnaswami
nk480 at cl.cam.ac.uk