[Haskell] functional programming jobs at genomics company in New York City

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 19:44:45 UTC 2017

Solvuu is a startup developing software for the life sciences industry. Our
core technology is based on ideas from type theory and functional
programming, and our software is implemented almost entirely in OCaml. We
develop software across the full stack: cloud infrastructure management,
job scheduling, data management and security, clients and servers for many
APIs, rich websites, and much more.

We are currently hiring 2 full-time OCaml programmers in New York City. We
are open to a spectrum of qualifications, but basically the more OCaml you
know the better (including related languages such as Haskell, F#, and SML).
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of experience developing
production software in one of these languages, whether in industry or as an
academic active in the open source community. We are offering great
compensation packages that include salary, equity, and the usual things
like health care and a ping pong table. Most importantly, you will build
great technology to advance society in areas as important as cancer
treatment, drug discovery, and agriculture. And you get to do all of that
in Manhattan, one of the most vibrant and beautiful cities in the world.

To apply, please contact me directly (ashish at solvuu.com) with your
resume/CV. International applicants are welcome, but the reality is getting
a visa will be challenging. We are willing to try and may explore options
for exceptional candidates.

About Genomics: Our primary focus is on genomics, an industry driven by a
dramatic decrease in the cost of DNA sequencing. Fifteen years ago it cost
$100,000,000 to sequence a single human genome, today it costs $1000, and
in a couple of years it is expected to cost $100. This has spawned multiple
new industries that face serious computational challenges due to the size
and complexity of the data and associated algorithms. Solvuu addresses the
full spectrum of computational needs of this important market. We have
great investors and partnerships, and are now building a great engineering
team. Please join us. Solvuu is headquartered in New York City and also has
an office in Silicon Valley.