[Haskell] Be Sport is hiring

Be Sport jobs at besport.com
Tue Nov 22 14:04:24 UTC 2016

Be Sport is looking for programmers familiar with functional languages, for
a development and research work in Paris. As we already sucessfully hired
Haskellers, we thought these positions would interest the people reading
this mailing-list. Send an e-mail to jobs at besport.com to apply.

The company:
Be Sport is a young tech company currently building its developers team. We
have a very ambitious development program and we believe in the use of
modern technologies coming from research to build strong basis for our
apps. We work in close relationship with research laboratories (CNRS,
Inria, univ. Paris Diderot ...). Our main focus at the moment are languages
and typing for Web and mobile apps, recommendation algorithms for social
networks, classification algorithms.

Our first app is a social network dedicated to sport.
Be Sport premises are located in the center of Paris.

Work:
We are looking for developers to take part in the development of some
features of our apps. Good general developers, knowing OCaml or other
functional languages (or willing to learn) are welcome.

Other skills related to the implementation of a social network are also
welcome: machine learning, database, search engines, etc.

The developers will be integrated in the programming team: participation in
the writing of specifications, implementation (client / server),
stylesheets, testing … They will initially work on improving existing
features, before progressively taking the lead on some components.

Skills:
Candidates must have some expertise on some of the following technologies:
* Typed functional languages, especially OCaml (and Ocsigen
Js_of_ocaml/Eliom)
* Databases
* Machine learning
* Web programming (CSS, Javascript…)