[Haskell] ETA on 7.10.3?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Sep 2 13:00:58 UTC 2015

David Banas <capn.freako at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Ben,
>
> Thanks for your reply.

No worries. Please excuse the grammar in the reply; reading over it now
it's quite embarrassing. Clearly needed a read-through before sending.

> My problem is the project I’m currently working on is dependent upon
> HERMIT, which doesn’t play well with 7.10.2, as per:
>
> https://github.com/ku-fpg/hermit/issues/144#issuecomment-128762767
>
> (The nature of that comment caused me to think that 7.10.3 was in play.)

Ahhh, the simplifier issue. I suppose that hermit is probably being
adversely affected by the fact that 7.10.2 attempts to simplify rules'
left-hand sides. This is definitely one of the more significant problems
with the 7.10.2 release. I was hoping that `text` would be the only
major package affected by this bug, but it seems this isn't the case.
I'll mention this in the next GHC call and see what the others think.

Cheers,

- Ben