[Haskell] Haskell Weekly News

Kim-Ee Yeoh ky3 at atamo.com
Fri May 1 13:02:47 UTC 2015

> Another Lennart, last name Spitzner, creates another genie that turns type
> signatures into programs. Unlike Djinn, Exference
> <http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/ANN-exference-a-different-djinn-td5807986.html>
> makes no promises over termination. "Your wish is my command even at the
> expense of closure."
>
> Like Agda? You can now enjoy the hole-driven development style in Haskell,
> brought to you courtesy of Mote by Izaak Meckler
> <https://github.com/imeckler/mote>. Discussion here
> <https://www.reddit.com/r/haskell/comments/33v4nm/ann_mote_a_tool_bringing_holedriven_development/>
> .
> <http://tomassetti.me/an-erd-web-server-generation-entity-diagrams-from-a-textual-description-with-haskell/>

Relevant addendum:

   - Ever use 'undefined' when writing definition stubs? Ever wished you
   had a type-level 'undefined' too? Thomas Winant explains advanced
   stubbing
   <https://www.fpcomplete.com/user/thomasw/new-in-ghc-7-10-partial-type-signatures>
   using GHC 7.10's new PartialTypeSignatures extension. Three years later, Dan
   Burton's wish
   <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9036554/undefined-at-the-type-level>
   is granted.

Thanks to Dominique Devriese for prompting inclusion.

And speaking of granting wishes, stub-driven development in your favorite
editor jetpacked with type-to-term genies is tantalizingly
<http://haskell.1045720.n5.nabble.com/ANN-exference-a-different-djinn-td5807986.html#a5808041>
within grasp. Visual Studio <https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=9459364>,
eat your heart out.

-- Kim-Ee