[Haskell] VACANCIES : 3x PhD position in Fuctional Programming

Johan Jeuring J.T.Jeuring at uu.nl
Thu Apr 9 13:45:11 UTC 2015

The research group of Software Technology is part of the Software
Systems division of in the department of Information and Computer
Science at the Utrecht University. We focus our research on functional
programming, compiler construction, tools for learning and teaching
(serious games, intelligent tutoring systems), program analysis,
validation, and verification.

Financed by the Technology Foundation STW, the EU, and Utrecht
University we currently have job openings for:

 ** 3x PhD researcher (PhD student) in Functional Programming **

We are looking for PhD students to develop functional programming
techniques related to parsing, rewriting, property-based testing,
dependently typed programming, or program analysis, and to apply
these techniques in several applications, such as distributed systems,
applied games, dialogue management systems, or assessment tools.

Besides research, the successful candidate will be expected to help
supervise MSc students and assist courses.

We prefer candidates to start no later than September 2015.

---------------------------------
What we are looking for
---------------------------------

The candidate should have an MSc in Computer Science with good
grades, be highly motivated to pursue a PhD, and speak and write
English well. Knowledge of functional programming, such as Haskell
or ML is essential.

---------------------------------
What we offer
---------------------------------

The candidate is offered a full-time salaried position for four
years. The salary is supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and an
end-of-year bonus of 8,3% per year. In addition we offer: a pension
scheme, partially paid parental leave, flexible employment conditions.
Conditions are based on the Collective Labour Agreement Dutch
Universities. The research group will provide the candidate with
necessary support on all aspects of the project. More information is
available on the website:

 Terms and employment: http://bit.ly/1elqpM7

Salary starts at € 2,083.- and increases to € 2,664.- gross per month
in the fourth year of the appointment.

Utrecht is a great place to live, having been ranked as one of the
happiest places in the world, according to BBC travel.

Living in Utrecht: http://bitly.com/HdbL0X

---------------------------------
In order to apply
---------------------------------

To apply please attach a letter of motivation, a curriculum vitae, and
(email) addresses of two referees. Make sure to also include a
transcript of the courses you have followed (at bachelor and master
level), with the grades you obtained, and to include a sample of your
scientific writing, such as your master thesis.

It is possible to apply for this position if you are close to
obtaining your Master's. In that case include a letter of your
supervisor with an estimate of your progress, and do not forget to
include at least a sample of your technical writing skills.

Applications are accepted until the positions are filled.
Send your application via email to Johan Jeuring: J.T.Jeuring at uu.nl

Contact person

For further information you can direct your inquiries to:

Johan Jeuring
phone: +31 (0)30 253 4115/ (0) 6 40010053
e-mail: J.T.Jeuring at uu.nl
website: http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~jeuri101/