[Haskell] [haskell.org Google Summer of Code] Call for Mentors

Edward Kmett ekmett at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 00:58:41 UTC 2015

We have had a rather large pool of potential students apply for this year's
Google Summer of Code, but, ultimately, Google won't let us ask for a slot
unless we have a potential mentor assigned in advance.

On top of that, one thing we try to do with each project is wherever
possible, assign both a primary and a backup mentor, so the available
mentoring pool is drawn a little thin. Many hands make for light work,
though: If you've mentored or thought about mentoring in years past, I'd
encourage you to sign up on google-melange for the Google Summer of Code at:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2015

and request a connection to haskell.org as a Mentor.

Once you've done this you can help us vote on proposals, and should
something seem appropriate to you, you can flag yourself as available as a
potential mentor or backup mentor for one (or more) of the projects.

We have a couple of weeks left to rate proposals and request slots, but
it'd be good to make as much progress as we can this week.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me, or to Shachaf
Ben-Kiki or Gershom Bazerman who have been helping out with organizational
issues this year. We also have a #haskell-gsoc channel on irc.freenode.net
if you have questions about what is involved.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
-Edward Kmett