[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: goatee, goatee-gtk: Go game editor

Bryan Gardiner bog at khumba.net
Sat Aug 23 20:35:17 UTC 2014

After 359 days, I'm pleased to announce the first official release of
Goatee, a game editor for the board game Go.  (Don't worry, those two
remaining liberties are eyes.)  Here's the project summary:

> Goatee is a Go library and game editor, written in Haskell.  It
> provides a GUI for recording, studying, and editing game records.
> Underneath this is a portable library for manipulating SGF files to
> build UIs and tools.  Goatee aims to be full-featured by supporting
> all of the SGF spec and allowing for full and easy customization of
> the game records you create.

UI features include:

- Game navigation, variations and variation modes, game tree
  restructuring.
- Annotations: marks (r/w), arrows and lines (r/o), visibility (r/o).
- Full support for game info.
- Manual editing of SGF properties.
- One-color and blind Go modes.

Two Hackage packages are available: 'goatee' is the shared library,
and 'goatee-gtk' is the UI.

Lots more is planned; stay tuned!

http://khumba.net/projects/goatee
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/goatee