[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: GHC version 7.8.2

Austin Seipp austin at well-typed.com
Sat Apr 12 13:30:56 UTC 2014

    The (Interactive) Glasgow Haskell Compiler -- version 7.8.2

The GHC Team is pleased to announce a new patchlevel release of GHC, 7.8.2.

This is an important bugfix release relative to 7.8.1, so we highly
recommend upgrading from 7.8.1.

The full release notes are here:

How to get it

The easy way is to go to the web page, which should be self-explanatory:

We supply binary builds in the native package format for many
platforms, and the source distribution is available from the same

Packages will appear as they are built - if the package for your
system isn't available yet, please try again later.

Haskell is a standard lazy functional programming language.

GHC is a state-of-the-art programming suite for Haskell.  Included is
an optimising compiler generating good code for a variety of
platforms, together with an interactive system for convenient, quick
development.  The distribution includes space and time profiling
facilities, a large collection of libraries, and support for various
language extensions, including concurrency, exceptions, and foreign
language interfaces (C, whatever).  GHC is distributed under a
BSD-style open source license.

A wide variety of Haskell related resources (tutorials, libraries,
specifications, documentation, compilers, interpreters, references,
contact information, links to research groups) are available from the
Haskell home page (see below).

On-line GHC-related resources

Relevant URLs on the World-Wide Web:

GHC home page              http://www.haskell.org/ghc/
GHC developers' home page  http://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/
Haskell home page          http://www.haskell.org/

Supported Platforms

The list of platforms we support, and the people responsible for them,
is here:

Ports to other platforms are possible with varying degrees of
difficulty.  The Building Guide describes how to go about porting to a
new platform:

We welcome new contributors.  Instructions on accessing our source
code repository, and getting started with hacking on GHC, are
available from the GHC's developer's site run by Trac:

Mailing lists

We run mailing lists for GHC users and bug reports; to subscribe, use
the web interfaces at

There are several other haskell and ghc-related mailing lists on
www.haskell.org; for the full list, see

Some GHC developers hang out on #haskell on IRC, too:

Please report bugs using our bug tracking system.  Instructions on
reporting bugs can be found here:

Hashes & Signatures

Included in this email is a signed copy of the SHA256 hashes for the
tarballs, using my GPG key (keyid 0x3B58D86F).

Austin Seipp, Haskell Consultant