[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Haskell Pdf Presenter (hpdfp) 0.2.2

Michael D. Adams mdmkolbe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:16:48 UTC 2013

ANNOUNCE: Haskell Pdf Presenter (hpdfp) 0.2.2

I'm pleased to announce the first public release of the Haskell Pdf
Presenter (hpdfp).

Project home page:
  http://michaeldadams.org/projects/haskell-pdf-presenter/

Project on Hackage:
  http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-pdf-presenter/

Project repository:
  http://michaeldadams.org/repos-pub/hg/haskell-pdf-presenter/

What it is
==========
The Haskell Pdf Presenter (hpdfp) is a tool for presenting PDF-based
slide shows.  For example, as a presenter, I like to see the next slide
before it is shown to the audience as well as how much allotted time
remains.  I was never quite satisfied with the existing tools for this,
so I wrote my own and hpdfp is the result.

Though I originally wrote it for my own use, the tool has matured over
time, and I now wish to share it with others.  Aside from being a
useful tool, I think hpdfp is a good example of elegance and economy
in program design.  Despite being only a thousand lines long, this
program is full of features that may not be obvious at first glance so
please be sure to look at the available help.

Status
======
I've been using this tool in my own talks for over a year now, and
it is fairly stable and feature complete.  I've only tested it on
Ubuntu so I don't know if it ports to other platforms.  I'd love to
hear any field reports about how it runs on other platforms.

Future Directions
I have a long TODO list of ideas I may implement in the future, but
most development has been driven by the practical considerations that
I discover as I use the tool.  If you have a use case for a particular
feature, please let me know.