[Haskell] ANN: strict-base-types-0.1

Johan Tibell johan.tibell at gmail.com
Wed May 8 20:26:57 CEST 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM, Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good stuff Simon!
>
> It would be great if either strict-base-types, strict or a merger of
> the two will find its way into the Haskell Platform. Even better if it
> also merged with strict-concurrency and strict-io so that we have one
> go-to package for strict types and operations.

For what it's worth, I think we need Data.Maybe.Strict,
Data.Tuple.Strict, and Data.Either.Strict in base. Only then will they
be accessible enough that we can start using them in APIs in core
packages. This will also make it easier to provide type class
instances (e.g. Binary) for them without creating odd package
dependencies (or packages that depends on everything under the sub).

-- Johan