[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: hlibgit2

John Wiegley johnw at fpcomplete.com
Sat Apr 20 10:32:05 CEST 2013

I just upgraded hlibgit2 to libgit2 0.18 (Big Ben).  This was a huge upgrade,
which changed quite a few interfaces (mostly relating to references), but also
adds a great deal of functionality, such as downloading packfiles from local
repositories, abstracting of "reference backends", and a lot more.

Be aware that you'll now need to startup and shutdown applications as follows:

    main = do
        finally go (performGC >> c'git_threads_shutdown)
        go = ...

At least until https://github.com/libgit2/libgit2/issues/1492 is addressed in
a more satisifying way.

Please let me know of any issues you encounter here:

Thank you,
John Wiegley
FP Complete                         Haskell tools, training and consulting
http://fpcomplete.com               johnw on #haskell/irc.freenode.net