[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: forthcoming O'Reilly book on Parallel and Concurrent Haskell

Simon Marlow marlowsd at gmail.com
Thu May 17 11:21:58 CEST 2012

I'm delighted to announce that O'Reilly have agreed to publish a book on
Parallel and Concurrent Haskell authored by me.  The plan is to make a
significantly revised and extended version of the Parallel and
Concurrent Haskell tutorial from CEFP'11:

http://community.haskell.org/~simonmar/bib/par-tutorial-cefp-2012_abstract.html

The book will be published in both hardcopy and electronic formats, and
will also be available online under a Creative Commons license
(Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0).  There will be some mechanism
for people to see and comment on early drafts, but I don't know the
details yet.

When will it be done?  I can't say for sure, but the tentative date for
completion is March 2013.

I'm really keen for this to be a book that will be useful to people both
learning about parallelism and concurrency in Haskell, and coding stuff
for real-world use.  If there are topics or application areas that you'd
like to see covered, or any other suggestions, please let me know.  All
contributions will be acknowledged, of course!

Cheers,
	Simon