[Haskell] Displaying trees in Haskell

Alexander Batischev eual.jp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 22:30:17 CET 2012

Hello,

On Wed, Mar 07, 2012 at 09:06:59PM +0000, Luana Fagarasan wrote:
> I am quite new to Haskell and I am seeking the best way to
> display trees graphically when using Haskell. I have looked on
> the web, but am still not clear!

Andrew J. Kennedy wrote a functional pearl describing how to draw a tree
in "aesthetically pleasing" way[1]. His code is written in SML, and the
output isn't ready-to-display image, but you can take the idea and use
some GUI toolkit (GTK seems most ready-to-use, but I may be terribly
wrong) to draw the image in window.

  1. http://research.microsoft.com/~akenn/fun/DrawingTrees.pdf

--
Regards,
Alexander Batischev

4096R/0C8BFD03
CE6C 4307 9348 58E3 FD94  A00F 3569 61A2 0C8B FD03