[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: graphviz-29220.127.116.11
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 23:15:45 CET 2012
After much prodding and poking by end-users for the past few months,
I'm finally able to announce a GHC-7.6.1 compatible release of my
Haskell bindings to the Graphviz graph visualisation toolkit:
(It took me so long to release a version that allowed
bytestring-0.10.* as I was waiting for upstream to get back to me
about an inconsistency I found; in the end I decided to just try and
cope with how it seems to work.)
The list of changes since the last release are:
* The repository is now hosted at
http://hub.darcs.net/ivanm/graphviz, and using the bug-tracker
* Updates to various `Attribute` definitions:
- The list of available shapes has been expanded to take into
account the new synthetic biology shapes.
- The `Size` and `FontNames` attributes now have specified data types.
- The optional start and end points for `Spline`s were previously
the wrong way round; this has now been fixed.
- Explicitly only print 2-dimensional `Point` values for `Rect`
and `DPoint` (previously only 2-dimensional values where parsed,
but it was possible to print a 3-dimensional value).
- HTML-like labels previously disallowed empty textual label
components when parsing; spotted by Daniel Hummel.
* `GraphvizParams` now lets you specify whether a "cluster" is
actually a cluster or a sub-graph. Requested by Gabor Greif.
* Fixed an error where printing edges whose attributes contained a
`ColorScheme` attribute, that attribute would stay in the state and
the old color scheme would override the _parent's_ state.
* Previously, some malformed attributes were accepted when being
parsed as they silently became parsed as an `UnknownAttribute`.
Now, attributes where the attribute name and the equal sign are
successfully parsed **but** the value of the attribute is _not_
successfully parse will throw an unrecoverable error.
**Note**: this does mean that some Dot graphs that are accepted by
Graphviz (as they separate tokenizing from parsing; as such
something like `"0.1"` is successfully accepted as an integer,
specifically `0`) are no longer accepted when parsing them in.
* Miscellaneous parsing improvements:
- Whilst not specified anywhere, Graphviz seems to treat empty
quotes as values for attributes expecting a number as their
default; as such, this is now taken into account when parsing.
- `DPoint` values can now parse an optional `+` prefix.
- Whitespaces after commas in HSV colors are now accepted.
* Error messages from parsing are improved to help you track down
where the parsing error occurred (in that it's easier to find which
attribute failed to parse, etc.).
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
More information about the Haskell