[Haskell] getting started

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:20:35 CEST 2011

On 29 September 2011 00:15, haskell <shubhammaheshwariy at gmail.com> wrote:
> yes i h ave seen this and learn your haskell for great god and wiki books can
> you tell me the firat script that works so i can tell what is the problem

You want a simple working program?

Put the following into a file called Hello.hs

main = putStrLn "Hello World!"

If you have GHC installed, then run "ghc --make Hello.hs" and then run
the resulting Hello executable ( run "./Hello" on *nix, double-click
the "Hello.exe" on Windows).

For hugs I'm not too sure, but you should be able to do "hugs
Hello.hs" and inside that just type in "main" (without quotes).

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com