[Haskell] Ann: splaytree-0.1

John Lato jwlato at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 00:53:54 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am very pleased to announce the first release of splaytree.
Splaytree provides splay tree based implementations of Sets, Seqs, and
RangeSets.  A RangeSet is similar to an IntervalSet, however as new
ranges are inserted, they are combined with any existing ranges.  This
guarantees that the RangeSet consists of only non-overlapping ranges,
and can be used to easily generate a list of non-overlapping ranges
(read more at http://johnlato.blogspot.com/2011/09/splaytree-package-released.html).

Absolute performance isn't a goal of this package, however according
to my benchmarks it seems to be competitive with unordered-containers
for many operations, although the worst-case complexity of a splay
tree is O(n).

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/splaytree
repo: http://www.tiresiaspress.us/haskell/splaytree/

The design owes much to Ralf Hinze and Ross Paterson's excellent work
on finger trees.

John L.