[Haskell] Student Internships for Parallel Haskell Programming at NII, Tokyo

Sebastian Fischer fischer at nii.ac.jp
Tue May 31 07:09:30 CEST 2011

As part of my research fellowship at the National Institute of
Informatics in Tokyo, I announce the availability of student
internships for up to three months between July and September 2011.

Qualified applicants are enrolled in a Masters or Phd program, have a
firm grasp of the Haskell programming language, and, ideally, know the
different approaches to parallel and concurrent programming available
in the Glorious Glasgow Haskell Compilation System (GHC). Their task
is to support research on combinators for parallel programming by
developing and comparing efficient implementations.

The available fund covers sojourn costs but no travel expenses. It is
meant to foster collaboration between Germany and Japan but qualified
students from other countries may also be funded.

If you want to spend the summer hacking Haskell in Tokyo please do not
hesitate to contact me off list. Feel free to write even if you are
unsure whether you are qualified or have any other questions regarding
the internship.

Best regards,
Sebastian

http://research.nii.ac.jp/members/fischer/

P.S.

Information about the status after the earthquake is available on the
Local Information page of ICFP'11:

    http://www.biglab.org/icfp11local/index.html

Additionally, you may want to follow recent news in English by
Mainichi Daily News and NHK World:

    http://mdn.mainichi.jp/
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/