[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: aivika 0.1

David Sorokin david.sorokin at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:30:02 CEST 2011

Aivika is a multi-paradigm simulation library. It allows us to integrate
a system of ordinary differential equations. Also it can be applied to
the Discrete Event Simulation. It supports the event-oriented,
process-oriented and activity-oriented paradigms. Aivika also supports
the Agent-based Modeling. Finally, it can be applied to System Dynamics.

The library widely uses monads. The dynamic system is represented as a
computation in the Dynamics monad. There is also the DynamicsProc monad
to represent the discontinuous processes which can be suspended at any
time and then resumed later. Everything else is expressed through these
two monads, including the events, agent handlers and even integrals.

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/aivika

Hello,

I'm glad to announce a Haskell port of my F# simulation library written
in 2009, 2010. The method is very simple but general and powerful.
Perhaps the discrete event simulation is mostly well done. The package
contains a PDF document with the corresponded description.

Best regards,
David Sorokin