[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: accentuateus-0.9 (A Haskell implementation of the Accentuate.us API)

Michael Schade lists at mschade.me
Tue Jan 18 00:08:46 CET 2011

Hey everyone,

I'm extremely excited to have made my first upload to Hackage
(http://hackage.haskell.org/package/accentuateus). It is an
implementation of the Accentuate.us (http://accentuate.us/) API,
which, using statistics, enables people to restore special characters
("diacritics") to otherwise plain text in over 100 languages.

I have published it under BSD3 and am hosting it on GitHub
(https://github.com/spearhead/hs-accentuateus). Unfortunately, even
though I triple checked everything, I managed to mess up the part
where it displays the Haddock documentation on Hackage, but I have
discussed the overall usage in my the blog post
(http://mschade.me/announcing-accentuateus-09-haskell-implementa) and
in the README.

I would love any feedback you guys have (though I understand that may
need to be moved to blog comments or haskell-cafe). I have other
Haskell projects underway, but I figured this would be a nice one to
be a first release so that I can get some good feedback and improve
both it and future projects.

Thanks!
Michael Schade
http://mschade.me/