[Haskell] [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: Anansi 0.4.2 (literate programming pre-processor)

John Millikin jmillikin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 21:36:44 CET 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 03:39, Magnus Therning <magnus at therning.org> wrote:
> 1. What to call files?  I understand (C)WEB suggests using .w, and
> that noweb uses .nw, what should I call anansi files?

I usually use .anansi, but it doesn't matter. You can use whatever
extensions you like, or even none at all.

> 2. Combining anansi and pandoc works quite well for HTML, but it fails
> miserably when trying to use the generated LaTeX:
>
>    > markdown2pdf: ! LaTeX Error: Command \guillemotleft unavailable
> in encoding OT1.
>
>    Is there any good way to get around that?

The LaTeX loom is designed to output basic markup that can be turned
into a PDF with minimum fuss. It probably won't work as-is for more
advanced cases, such as when a user wants to use custom templates, or
has to inter-operate with pseudo-LaTeX parsers like Pandoc.

You could try copying the LaTeX loom into your own code, modifying it
to generate the custom output format you want, and then running it as
a #!runhaskell script.

> 3. Is there any editor support for anansi, syntax highlihgting etc?

Not that I know of. Note that Anansi's syntax itself is very minimal,
so what you need is an editor that can support formatting a file using
multiple syntaxes. I don't know enough about editor modification to
figure out which editors support such a feature, or how to enable it.