[Haskell] Proposal: Form a haskell.org committee

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Sep 9 10:10:01 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 07:27:35AM +0000, Simon Peyton-Jones wrote:

> I think that's an excellent idea.  I think there should be a web page describing what the committee does, who is in it, how to contact it, etc.

Yes, definitely. I've created:
    http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Haskell.org_committee

That doubtless isn't perfect, but I'm sure it can be refined and
clarified by the first committee as necessary.

> Well the committee also be responsible for the haskell.org web site?

The site will shortly be moving to a server paid for with haskell.org
funds, so yes, in the general policy sense (e.g. they might be asked to
decide if job ads should be allowed on h.o), but they would not be
responsible for the day-to-day running (e.g. configuring the wiki, or
removing spam from it).

> Five might be a little small.

OK, I've made it 7. I've also incorporated your other suggestions into
the above page.

Thanks
Ian