[Haskell] [ANNOUNCE] SyntaxMacros-0.1

Marcos Viera marcosomarviera at gmail.com
Tue May 25 09:55:54 EDT 2010

We are pleased to announce the first release of SyntaxMacros [1].
SyntaxMacros is an EDSL for constructing compilers out of a collection of
pre-compiled,
statically type-checked, possibly mutually dependent ``language-definition
fragments''.
This way of constructing a compiler brings syntax macros for free.

This approach is based on a collection of techniques we have previously
developed:
 - transformation of typed abstract syntax trees [2] makes it possible to
construct parsers on the fly in a type-safe way
 - parser combinators [3] make it possible to construct parsers dynamically
 - first-class attribute grammars [4] make it possible to define semantics
in a compositional way

More information can be found at:
http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Center/SyntaxMacrosForFree

Regards,

Marcos Viera, Doaitse Swierstra, Atze Dijkstra and Arthur Baars

[1]- http://hackage.haskell.org/package/SyntaxMacros
[2]- http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Center/TTTAS
[3]- http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/bin/view/HUT/ParserCombinators
[4]- http://www.cs.uu.nl/wiki/Center/AspectAG