[Haskell] Linking very resource intensive with GHC 6.12.1 on Ubuntu 10.04

Yang Zhang yanghatespam at gmail.com
Thu May 13 16:02:45 EDT 2010

After upgrading from Ubuntu 9.10 to 10.04, my manually-installed (not
the distribution package) GHC 6.12.1 has difficulty linking.

This is the first time I've tried compiling something since the
upgrade. Once cabal gets to Linking, I see a lot of swapping and
increased load numbers on my system with 700MB memory and nothing much
running, and even after leaving the linker running for 10 minutes, the
software doesn't stop.

Anybody else seen this?
--
Yang Zhang