[Haskell] Latest Haskell Platform for Windows (2010.1.0.0) does not seem to include C++ support

Jeremy O'Donoghue jeremy.odonoghue at gmail.com
Tue May 4 07:53:27 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I've just been helping out a wxHaskell user who has been having problems
installing the latest wxHaskell on Windows 7 with the latest haskell
Platform.

As background, wxHaskell contains a substantial C++ wrapper which is
normally compiled from the Cabal script. On Windows machines, this has
the result that the GHC internal copy of MinGW is used for compilation.

I'm getting the following error:

"realgcc.exe: installation problem - cannot exec 'cc1plus': no such file
or directory"

On checking, Haskell Platform\2010.1.0.0\mingw\libexec\gcc\mingw32\3.4.5
does not contain cc1plus.exe. Previous versions of the platform have
done so. Is this an accidental change or a deliberate policy decision?
Is there any way to persuade cabal to use another C++ compiler (I have a
perfectly good copy of MinGW g++ elsewhere on my machine).

Regards
Jeremy O'Donoghue
--
  Jeremy O'Donoghue