[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Bravo-0.1.0

Matthias Reisner matthias.reisner at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 10 23:46:25 EST 2010

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of Bravo, a static text
template generation library, on Hackage:
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/Bravo.

Bravo is a text template library that provides parsing and generation of
templates at compile time. Templates can be read from strings or files
and for each a new record data type is created, allowing convenient
access to all template variables in a type-safe manner. Since all
templates are processed at compile time, no extra file access or error
handling at runtime is necessary.

Bravo is inspired by the PHP template engine Smarty and the Haskell
template library chunks. Compared to chunks, Bravo provides additional
features like conditional template evaluation, embedding of Haskell
expressions and customized data type generation. I'm going to add
further information to the HaskellWiki page
(http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/Bravo) later.

Bravo is still highly experimental and not well-tested, so bug reports
and additional feedback are very welcome. I'd also like to hear if you
feel the package dependencies are to restrictive.

Regards,

Matthias Reisner