[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: barchart-0.1.1

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Sun Mar 7 12:10:31 EST 2010

barchart is a command-line program with associated Haskell library for
generating bar charts, for example, from CSV files. It has special
support for creating charts from data generated by the Haskell
benchmarking tools criterion and progression.

Instead of drawing bars of different benchmarks next to each other
like progression does, barchart draws one bar for each benchmarked
implementation where the benchmarks are represented as blocks of the
same bar. As a consequence, one can recognise on first sight, which
implementation is the fastest _in total_ because the hight of each bar
is the sum of run times of all benchmarks for an implementation.
Another difference to progression is that barchart is (only) a post
processor and you usually do not import barchart modules into your
Haskell code.

Please refer to the project website for more information:

     http://sebfisch.github.com/haskell-barchart/

I would not have written this program without the Diagrams library by
Brent Yorgey and the CmdArgs package by Neil Mitchell. Thank you for
your excellent libraries!

I hope barchart is useful for some of you!

Sebastian

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)