[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Functional Programming Bibliography

Niklas Broberg niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 14:49:04 EST 2010

>  > > Allow (registered?) users to submit links to papers that are missing?
>  >
>  > Yeah, I've certainly been thinking about that.
>  > First, I will somehow have to overcome being a complete control freak.
>  >
>  > The very first thought that crosses my mind is
>  > "how will I ensure that author names are well normalized?"
>  >
>  > Sad, isn't it?
>
> Not at all.  It takes a compulsive control freak to assemble a good
> bibliography.   Besides, I *want* the names to be well normalized.
> (If you'd seen the BibTeX entries that I get from my coauthors, you
> would know why...)

+1

However, I still think you should let users submit links. There are
really two different issues here, one is to suggest a completely new
paper, another is to provide a link to an already listed paper where
there's currently no link provided. A lot of the papers only have a
DOI link currently. Submitting such links won't need any name
normalization, as the paper is already listed.

For papers not already in your database, maybe have a two-tier system
where not-yet-checked entries are marked as such when they are shown?

Providing bibtex entries would be nice as well.

Cheers,

/Niklas