[Haskell] ANN: HaXml-1.20.1

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Jan 13 12:27:20 EST 2010

I am pleased to announce a new, stable, release of HaXml.  (Actually,
1.20 has been available for some time, but I am just getting round to
the announcement, and a fresh bugfix means a version bump to 1.20.1.)

                                    HaXml-1.20.1
                                    ------------
                              http://haskell.org/HaXml
                      http://hackage.haskell.org/package/HaXml

If you have been using the previous stable version, 1.13.x, you are
strongly encouraged to upgrade, as no further bugfixes will be back-
propagated.  (Ideally, Cabal and Hackage should also now cease to
recommend 1.13.x as a preferred version, but I do not know how to
change that.  A simple "cabal install HaXml" will unfortunately still
find 1.13.x, so please use "cabal install HaXml-1.20.1" with explicit
version number.)

There have been significant API changes since 1.13.x, and a brief
migration guide is included on the website.  In summary:

     * There is a SAX-like stream parser.
     * Ordinary parsing of XML documents can now also be lazy.
     * Some types have changed.
     * Some old classes have been re-arranged into a single new class.

Regards,
     Malcolm