[Haskell] Terms of Service for Haskell community server

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 16 02:57:56 CET 2010

(Standard disclaimer: I am not a lawyer; this is not official legal
advice; etc.)

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 10:39:55PM +0100, Frank Rosemeier wrote:

> The more severe problem is related to the Terms of Service which I
> have to accept with the account request.
> It contains lots of legal stuff which I do not understand including
> regulations for US export controls.
> Of course I am neither able nor willing to send reports concerning
> Yarrow to the US government!

That only applies to open source encryption code. (Under US law,
encyryption software is considered a weapon (!))  It looks like this
doesn't apply to Yarrow so you need not worry about that bit.

> Are there some experts or tutors who want to help me to understand
> the Terms of Service especially the export controls?

Are there any other particular parts you don't understand? Everything
else seems fairly standard to me.  Only use it for Haskell-related
stuff; keep your password safe; don't store any inappropriate content;
they are not responsible for any loss of data; etc. etc.

-Brent