[Haskell] reference to DoCon

Serge D. Mechveliani mechvel at botik.ru
Mon Dec 13 19:52:17 CET 2010

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:33:47AM -0800, Don Stewart wrote:
> mechvel:
> > Dear administration of   www.haskell.org,
> >
> > (I am sorry for not finding a more appropriate list for this letter)
> >
> > In old days, my program system  DoCon
> >
> > (computer algebra written in Haskell) had its copy on
> >                                               www.haskell.org/docon/
> > -- if I remember correct.
> > Now, I need to set a certain reference, but do not find any DoCon
> > copy on the Haskell site.
> >
> > Then, I searched just for any reference to DoCon at  www.haskell.org.
> > It mentions DoCon in the application section of "Computer Algebra",
> > but the reference does not work: "page not found".
> >
> > On the other hand, each year someone of the Haskell site asks me to
> > confirm the references to my Haskell applications, and I respond,
> > and this always looked all right.
> >
> > Now, if you decide to remove the DoCon directory from  haskell.org,
> > then, can you, please, inform me explicitly?
> >
> > Also I ask you at least to provide in an appropriate place the
> > reference
> >                   http://botik.ru/pub/local/Mechveliani/docon/
> >
> > to the home of DoCon; so far, this place is the most supported.
> >
> > Please, copy the respond to  mechvel at botik.ru
> >

> Community projects have moved to the machine:
>
>     code.haskell.org
>
> It would be best to move DoCon there too.

It is all right.
But I do not know, when an application is "moved to the machine Foo",
maybe, it is appropriate to somehow also set a link in the old place?
Because, the references to the web are set in many old places, for
example, in old papers, in technical reports.
Somehow, to keep conservative, to avoid destroing.

Regards,
Sergey.