[Haskell] Monads Terminology Question

Mark Snyder muddsnyder at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 20:39:03 EDT 2010


    I'm wondering what the correct terminology is for the extra functions that we define with monads.  For instance, State has get and put, Reader has ask and local, etc.  Is there a good name for these?  I've been calling them the "non-proper morphisms" (as opposed to the "proper" morphisms unit/return and bind).  But I don't know if others call them that.  Is there any accepted phrase for them?

~Mark Snyder

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/attachments/20100411/4775d7a6/attachment.html

More information about the Haskell mailing list