[Haskell] ANN: haskell-src-exts-1.2.0
niklas.broberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:01:42 EDT 2009
I'm pleased to announce the release of haskell-src-exts-1.2.0!
* On hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/haskell-src-exts
* Via cabal: cabal install haskell-src-exts
* Darcs repo: http://code.haskell.org/haskell-src-exts
Version 1.2.0 is a new major release, following the PVP, as it
contains a few backwards-incompatible changes, as well as some major
changes that are supposedly backwards-compatible in theory, but as
much of it is new and untested in practice there may be some
regressions (bugs). The main new thing in 1.2.0 is the integration of
the Annotated machinery into the package proper, for instance all
parsing is now handled by the fully location-aware parser.
* Language.Haskell.Exts.Annotated.Simplify provides translation from
an annotated AST to the old simple AST.
* Behind-the-scenes integration of the new exact parser and lexer to
do all parsing (using the above mentioned simplifier if the old AST
version is requested).
* All syntactic nodes now derive Eq, Ord and Show.
* Pretty instance for SrcSpan.
* Top-level expressions are now treated as implicit TH splice
declarations (as per GHC HEAD). Note that this incurs a
non-backwards-compatible change to the AST.
* Empty data declarations may now have explicit kind annotations.
* AST (and Pretty/Exact) support for kind variables (not yet parser support).
* Error messages now extensively use prettyPrint instead of show for
AST elements and locations, leading to way neater messages.
* Bug fix to not crash ungracefully when encountering type equality
predicates in proper types.
* Liberalise line comments (as per GHC) to allow a line comment on the
last line of a source file.
Please help me test and report! Grab a darcs version, put your source
files in the Test/examples dir, and go cabal test (in the top dir).
Any failing cases not due to CPP or literate source files (for the
exact-printer), please report to the trac:
More information about the Haskell