[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Clutterhs 0.1

Matt Arsenault arsenm2 at rpi.edu
Sat Nov 28 23:18:00 EST 2009

Clutterhs 0.1

This is a very early announcement for an initial release of bindings for
Clutter 1.0, now on Hackage,http://hackage.haskell.org/package/clutterhs

What is Clutter?
------------------
See http://www.clutter-project.org/

Clutter is a GObject based library for creating 2.5D interfaces using
OpenGL. It's currently being used in projects such as Intel's Moblin
platform and GNOME Shell.

Clutterhs
----------------

It uses c2hs, and depends on gtk2hs from darcs for the glib/gobject
bindings. Overall, its usage should be similar to gtk2hs.

Most of the core Clutter components are mostly bound. Currently missing
are relatively low level pieces, and some backend specific stuff,
ClutterListModel, ClutterUnits, and a few random pieces scattered
around.

There is some documentation, but that is also currently incomplete. More
examples and a tutorial are planned. Right now for examples, I suggest
people look at the simple demos in the git repository. The best example
to look at for usage would be

http://jayne.hortont.com/git/cgit.cgi/clutterhs.git/tree/clutter/demo/ClutterGame.hs

This is my first Haskell project, and suggestions on the API, bug
reports, etc. are appreciated.

Special thanks to Sean O'Sullivan and Rensselaer Center for Open Source
for their generous support.

Related:
Clutter: http://www.clutter-project.org/
gtk2hs: http://www.haskell.org/gtk2hs/