[Haskell] inline assembly a la gcc

Piyush P Kurur ppk at cse.iitk.ac.in
Wed Nov 25 00:50:47 EST 2009

Is there a way in which I can interface GHC with assembly language ?
Of course I can create a stub C function which using inline assembly,
compile it with GCC, and crankin the FFI of GHC. But is there a more
direct way ?

I would like to try coding, (or steal from some open source
implementation) up some crypto hash functions in assembly and compare
it with a direct GHC implementation.

I will be happy if there is a way of avoiding assembly all together
and work with GHC internals like Int# etc. which gives me almost
assembly speed.

Regards

ppk