[Haskell] ANN: Dutch Haskell Users' Group (first meeting: May 6th)

Sean Leather leather at cs.uu.nl
Fri May 1 10:12:33 EDT 2009

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>    Chris> We'll be talking about Haskell
>    Chris> over drinks in The Stairway To Heaven [2]
>
> Is the choice of venue programmatically significant? :-)

Of course! It is one of the Houses of the Holy Haskell (H3+, or protonated
molecular hydrogen, is one of the most abundant ions in the universe [1]).

You don't want the whole thing to come crashing down like a led balloon.

When the levee (or dike as they call it here) breaks, we're going to
California. At that point, we might need to consider renaming the group,
since we're no longer going Dutch.

Sean

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protonated_molecular_hydrogen