[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] Haskell Weekly News: Issue 111 - March 28, 2009

Rishiyur Nikhil nikhil at bluespec.com
Mon Mar 30 11:18:35 EDT 2009

Speaking of lambdas and gotos, some of you may remember the great
Professor Eiichi Goto of Japan.  You can see an obituary at:

    http://www.sigsam.org/bulletin/articles/153/goto.pdf

He was one of the Japanese pioneers of Lisp, symbolic computing, and
architectural support for symbolic computing.  He was one of the
developers of "hash-consing".

He used to joke about his own name, along the lines of:

    "I'm considered harmful.  They're all trying to get rid of me."

Nikhil