[Haskell] Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANN: cmonad 0.1.1

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Sun Mar 29 12:06:51 EDT 2009

Well, yes and no.  GHC actually does a decent job when given very
imperative code with references and mutable arrays.
Now the type I use to wrap the references to get type safe l-values
and r-values makes it tricker, and ghc lacks a crucial optimization
for specialization of constructor returns.
With that in place I think the code could be quite performant.

  -- Lennart