[Haskell] Google Summer of Code Help and suggestions

Brent Yorgey byorgey at seas.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 25 10:20:56 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 02:18:54AM +1930, Maria Gabriela Valdes wrote:
> Hi, my name is Maria Gabriela Valdes, i'm a new member of the mailing list,
> but i'm not new using haskell. Currently i'm studying computer science in
> Venezuela.
>
> I'm writing because i want to know more about de haskell community. I'm
> looking foward to knowing a lot of knew people and learing a lot more about
> haskell.

Hi Maria, welcome!

A good place to learn more about the Haskell community is on the wiki,
http://haskell.org/.  You should also feel free to come by the
#haskell IRC channel on chat.freenode.net, it's a friendly place with
lots of discussion.

If you're looking for ideas for GSOC, you should check out the
"Project ideas" link on the Haskell GSOC page:
http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/summer-of-code/wiki/Soc2009 .  Good
luck!

-Brent