[Haskell] ACCOUNCE: storable 0.1 -- Storable type class for variable-sized data

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Thu Mar 5 14:48:30 EST 2009

I am pleased to announce that the first release of the storable library has
been uploaded to Hackage.  Let me describe it in a few sentences (copied from
its haddock comments):

This class fills the gap between Foreign.Storable and Data.Binary.  It adds
support for marshalling (finite) values of variable-sized data types, like
lists or trees, while preserving the performance and memory efficiency one
expects from the Storable class.  It also provides a (monadic) syntactic
sugar that takes care of alignment restrictions by itself and makes
instance deriving easy.

The performance goal has not been achieved yet, of course.  We are using this
class to serialize values of a data type representing vertices in a
Haskell-generated graph for a model checker called DiVinE (C++).

http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/storable

--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/