[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: nntp 0.0.2
uzytkownik2 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 22:53:59 EDT 2009
Nntp is a library to connect to nntp (i.e. mainly USENET) servers. Since
0.0.1 nntp undergone an nearly total rewrite.
Currently RFC977 + one command of RFC2980 is implemented but RFC3977 is
on the top of the TODO list.
Changes since 0.0.1:
- Put into a NntpT monad. It allows to pass and change the state more
easily. As code should not be interleave much with normal IO (servers
sometimes have short timeout) additional lifts should not be a problem.
- Add basic support for XHDR. Other commands should follow.
- Implement the CAPABILITIES call
- Change article headers to allow fetching only some of the headers (for
use with XOVER etc.)
- Implementing other commands
- Writing tests
- Implementing extentions (TLS, Auth...)
Special thanks for Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho who allowed me to experiment
with NNTP protocol on his server.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://www.haskell.org/pipermail/haskell/attachments/20090730/663cfb4c/attachment.bin
More information about the Haskell