[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: generator 0.5.1

Sebastian Fischer sebf at informatik.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jul 16 03:10:53 EDT 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 12:31 AM, Yair Chuchem wrote:

> Sebastian Fisher's "Reinventing Haskell Backtracking" (http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~sebf/pub/atps09.html
> )
> seems to be similar (I think).

The nested monadic tails of your lists seem more similar to the nested
monadic data described in the ICFP'09 paper with Oleg Kiselyov and
Chung-chieh Shan [1]. The ideas described in that paper are on Hackage
and your ListT seems similar to the List type in Data.Monadic.List [2]
although our version not only uses monadic tails but also monadic
heads. See [3] for a tutorial.

Although the types are similar, we arrived at it for yet another
purpose..

Cheers,
Sebastian

[1]: <http://www-ps.informatik.uni-kiel.de/~sebf/pub/icfp09.html>
[2]: <http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/explicit-sharing/latest/doc/html/Data-Monadic-List.html

[3]: <http://sebfisch.github.com/explicit-sharing/>

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)