[Haskell] Re: 20 years ago

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Tue Jul 14 08:40:46 EDT 2009

On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 15:00:03 +0400, Bulat Ziganshin
<bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com> wrote:

>Hello Benjamin,
>
>Tuesday, July 14, 2009, 2:23:11 PM, you wrote:
>
>>>you can replace OOP with FP in the manual text i cited and read it as
>>>modern text :)
>
>> Mostly, perhaps.  But how about the following portions (see page 16)
>
>i meant only the ideology portion i cited, not that you can replace
>s/OOP/FP/ in turbo pascal book and sell it as Haskell one :)

At the risk of getting off-topic, incidentally, do you know how to
install the programming language for the manual text that you had
cited on Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, in order to try out
the examples in the text?

Out of curiosity, I tried downloading [1] and installing it, but every
time I ran INSTALL.EXE, the program wouldn't seem to proceed past
looking for a floppy disk in my A: drive.

-- Benjamin L. Russell

[1] Intersimone, David. "Antique Software: Turbo Pascal v5.5."
_Database Tools and Developer Software | Embarcadero Technologies_.
2009. Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. 14 July 2009.
<http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/20803>.
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^