[Haskell] ANNOUNCE: sendfile-0.3
matt at mattelder.org
Tue Jul 7 22:58:23 EDT 2009
Announcing sendfile-0.3 at http://hackage.haskell.org/package/sendfile-0.3
[ List of Changes ]
* The signature for sendFile' has changed
it was: Handle -> FilePath -> Int -> Int -> IO ()
now is: Handle -> Handle -> Int -> IO ()
This allows you to pass in a handle instead of a FilePath for the infile,
and since you can now directly manipulate the infile handle, there is no
need for offset (one can use hSeek).
* Documentation updated / expanded
* fileSize function removed (didn't belong)
* Errors are now wrapped in proper errnos (using Foreign.C.Error for nix and
Win32.Error for win) and give useful messages on exception.
* The Module Name has been changed to reflect its function:
it was: SendFile
now is: Network.Socket.SendFile
Windows and Linux seem to be working well, who wants to contribute patches
for BSD and Mac?
Much thanks goes to Duncan Coutts for his constructive criticism and
feedback on 0.2. As usual, please continue to send bugs / feedback / etc to
happs at googlegroups.com.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Haskell