[Haskell] ANN: Bug fix to regex-tdfa, new version 0.97.3

ChrisK haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Tue Feb 10 18:46:10 EST 2009

To Haskell and Libraries and Haskell-Cafe,

Whilst improving regex-tdfa I have run across new bugs.  Some patterns were
getting compiled wrong and others were affected by an execution bug.

As this package has actual users, I wanted to make sure they get these fixes
immediately.

Three Cheers For QuickCheck!

The new version is 0.97.3 at
http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/regex-tdfa

And this version passes all the unit tests I have, including coverage for the
new bugs.  This is no warranty that regex-tdfa is bug free, since I made that
same claim last release.  For instance: I suspect 0.97.3 may be buggy if used in
the optional left-associative mode.

The new improved version of regex-tdfa is still a long way off.

Cheers,
  Chris Kuklewicz