[Haskell] Re: ANNOUNCE: GHC version 6.10.2

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 00:44:43 EDT 2009

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 10:42:50 +0100, Duncan Coutts
<duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk> wrote:

>On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 13:47 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:48:13 -0700, Lyle Kopnicky <lists at qseep.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Great! But what happened to the time package? It was in 6.10.1. Has it been
>> >intentionally excluded from 6.10.2?
>
>Yes, the maintainer of the time package asked for it to be removed:
>
>>         Can I remove the time package from the GHC build process? I
>>         want to update it but I don't want to deal with GHC's
>>         autotools stuff or break the GHC build.
>

>> Then I should probably hold off on installing the new version for now.
>> Any estimate on when this problem will be fixed?
>
>The time package will be part of the first platform release (assuming we
>get enough volunteers to do the platform release!)
>
>In the mean time you can just:
>
>$ cabal install time

Okay; no problem.

I just read through the Release notes for version 6.10.2 (see
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.10.2/html/users_guide/release-6-10-2.html),
however, and noticed that the removal of the time package hadn't been
documented there.  Perhaps this information should be included?

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^