[Haskell] Marketing Haskell

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Apr 1 12:49:28 EDT 2009

"Angelos Sphyris" <knightofmathematics at hol.gr> writes:

> Surely, I can't be the only person to suspect an April Fool's Day joke

Well, since nobody seems to bite anyway, I guess I might as well 'fess
up.

As we rely on Simon P J and others like him not only to provide us
with the theoretical foundations, but also with the implementation of
the language we all use and love, I thought perhaps I'd step in and
relieve him of some of the load of providing additional entertainment.

Thus, in the name of expediency, I took the liberty pasting together
a couple of images (alas, of too poor resolution).  I added some
accompanying text that he otherwise would have had to write himself,
and posted it to the mailing list.  Or, to put it more bluntly, I
forged the message (a fact that can be verified with a casual
inspection of the headers).

I realize nobody took the message seriously, but lest anybody think
Simon actually be responsible for my feeble joke, or, heavens forbid,
suggest a mascot based on a picture of himself, I hereby take full
responsibility, and promise never ever to do it again for the next 364
days.

-k