[Haskell] Announce: Yi 0.5.0.1

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 07:35:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Jean-Philippe Bernardy
<bernardy at chalmers.se> wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the 0.5 release of the Yi editor.

I've just tested it and seems to work nicely, thanks.

> * Unix Console front-end (Gtk2Hs frontend is not supported in this release)

What ever happened to the experimental cocoa frontend? I'm sure a lot
of Haskell hackers use OSX :)

> * Haskell support:
>    * Lexical highlighting
>    * Layout-aware parenthesis-matching
>    * Auto-indentation
>    * cabal-build within the editor

Some features I would love to see in Yi (I will add them to the tracker).

* Automatic generation of module header templates (i.e. author, module
name, license ... ) based on the project's Cabal file
* Integration with darcs.
* Automatic identifier completion and on-the-fly checking of code
(e.g. type-checking) and haddock markup.