[Haskell] Current maintainer of the VTY package?

Corey O'Connor coreyoconnor at gmail.com
Fri May 30 01:03:53 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Stefan O'Rear <stefanor at cox.net> wrote:

> Fate of the message: Filed while trying to think of the best way to put
> my response, then forgotten.

No worries. :-)

> Current maintainer of vty: You.  I wrote vty some time ago because I
> needed terminal IO for a roguelike project and could not get curses to
> act in a sane way; then a while later I did a different project in
> Haskell, and the Obvious Thing To Do was translate my understood
> library.  #haskell persuaded me to release it, and I regret this greatly
> - jyp picked up vty for use in Yi, and now I'm stuck maintaining a
> library I neither use, care about, nor to any great extent remember how
> it works.  I'd dearly love to get this thing off my shoulders - will you
> take it?  There is definitely a need.

Sure! My primary goal is to optimize it's use with Yi. Still, I'll be
happy to take on maintenance.

I've pulled my copy of the repo to:
http://www.tothepowerofdisco.com/repo/vty/

And updated the "maintainer:" field of the cabal specification. Aside
from updating the reference to what URL the package can get retrieved
from and updating Hackage, I'm not sure what else is required.

-Corey

--
-Corey O'Connor